All wood tops need to be installed correctly. They need to be screwed down in a fashion that allows them to expand and contract without resistance. Incorrect installation or inadequate support will void the warranty if not installed by The Tree House.
Solid wood will change when the climate or environment around them change. Typical things to expect from a solid top are expansion/contraction, joint texture (you’ll be able to feel the glue joints at times) and checks. It is important that a consistent humidity of 35% to 45% is maintained to insure continued stability.
Checking is when fine cracks appear in the top surface or on the board ends. It is a natural part of wood and may occur at some point in the life of all solid wood countertops, not just ours. It occurs in the boards themselves, not the glue joints. Most of the time this happens in the winter months due to dry air and will simply go away in the warmer months. They are not structural and will never become too large or cause the top to crack in half. This natural aspect of wood is not covered in our warranty. To reduce or eliminate checks put a humidifier in the room. This is a great idea for all your wood in the house from trim work to solid wood doors.
Along with fully finished surfaces we also sell Do-It-Yourself unfinished products. Because correct finishing techniques are so important to the product as a whole we cannot offer any warranty on unfinished or DIY products.
• The Tree House backs up its products with a one-year warranty against defects in material and workmanship. See warranty for more details.
• The Tree House will either repair or replace a product determined to be defective. This warranty does not apply to damage resulting from normal wear and tear, accidents, abuse, neglect, misuse, alterations* or exposure to extreme conditions. Nor does it pertain to wood products ordered unfinished.
*Alterations include cutting into a wood countertop such as trimming its length, width or performing miter cuts, sink or stove cutouts or modifying the countertop other than how it was delivered/picked up will void the Tree House warranty. Should you desire a custom size, a miter cut or a cutout, consider calling for pricing on warrantied custom cuts performed by The Tree House.
• All solid wood products, expand and contract with changes in temperature, humidity, and other environmental factors. This expansion and contraction may cause small changes in the countertop. Changes due to environmental factors are not considered defects. Changes due to expansion and contraction vary by wood species and by local environmental conditions.
• No promise can be made with respect to the ratio of heartwood to sapwood in any countertop unless otherwise specified and a premium up-charge may apply.
30-Day Return & Exchange Policy
• If you are unhappy with your purchase for any reason, you may return or exchange it within 30 days of the date of purchase. Since all Tree House products are made-to-order, a 20% restocking fee will apply and you will be responsible for return shipping costs if necessary.
• Please note that customized merchandise, including custom countertops or table tops cannot be returned or exchanged, unless the goods arrive in damaged condition.
• Color and Grain will vary when compared to a sample and is not an acceptable reason for a return.
• Natural wood character will vary when compared to a sample and is not a reason for a return.
• Changes due to environmental factors are not considered defects.
• No modifications can be made to the materials or product after the purchase
We warrant our products for defects in material and craftsmanship. We warrant that your countertop will be free of defects upon arrival or pickup. If it appears to be defective or damaged, you must notify us by phone or email within seven days of receipt. If it is determined to have defects in materials or workmanship, or to have suffered damage during shipment, it might need to be returned to us for repair or replacement, at our discretion. Furthermore, we will cover any glue-joint delamination that occurs within one year from receipt. If a glue joint does delaminate, please notify us promptly. The countertop might need to be returned to us for replacement or repair, at our discretion. We appreciate your patience while we work toward an expedited resolution.
This warranty will be voided in the event that:
• If unfinished, the countertop was not properly finished with natural oil or varnish within seven days of receipt;
• All surfaces of the product are not finished or sealed, including the top edge, bottom edge, front, back, side edges and under/behind all hardware or brackets (all 6 sides).
• The countertop was not installed in correctly (i.e., taking into consideration that wood, a natural material, will expand and contract)
• The countertop was modified in any way, other than as is necessary for normal installation
• The countertop was exposed to extreme conditions including but not limited to, very low or very high humidity or temperature;
• The countertop was exposed to water, other than minor splashes or spills that are immediately wiped up; or
• The countertop is not properly maintained. If the finish is natural oil, oil must be applied to all accessible surfaces on a regular basis.
• The one (1) year warranty term has expired.
• The customer accepts delivery of the product (formal acceptance is not required) and chooses to keep the product for more than 30 calendar days with reasonably obvious nonconformity and/or damage including any and all machining.
• This warranty does not cover improper use or abuse. Improper use or abuse includes, but is not limited to, damage from mishandling, damage from excessive heat or uneven exposure to weather conditions, physical or chemical abuse and damage from improper care and maintenance.
• The customer or contractor attempts to repair the product or alters the product in any way without written consent from an authorized Tree House representative.
• The top is damaged because of carelessness or negligence of the contractor or end customer.
• Wood products ordered "unfinished" do not come with a warranty.
• Natural wood color variations and/or wood texture variations are not considered to be defects
• Minor warping is not considered a defect.